Richard Attias & Associates Creates an International Advisory Board
Published on April 18, 2016
New York, April 18, 2016 – Richard Attias & Associates has formed an advisory board composed of well-known and high-ranking international members. This advisory body will provide strategic information to RA&A’s clients: nations, governments, international organizations, and corporations. This approach is part of the repositioning RA&A has undertaken notably since WPP, the world’s largest global communications group, acquired a stake in its capital.
With more than 100 projects implemented in the past five years, RA&A has significantly expanded its activity in the area of strategic consulting. The advisory board was created in response to the growing need for political and economic leaders to exchange ideas with international counterparts in order to find long-term solutions to issues affecting the leadership and development of their countries and companies.
Richard Attias, RA&A’s Founder and Executive Chairman, states: “In an increasingly complex world, the decisions companies and countries face are riskier precisely due to their international nature. This risk can be foreseen and managed by promoting dialogue and the exchange of experiences. RA&A is increasingly asked to design and create innovative platforms that allow their leaders to become agents for change. One example is the concept we developed for the Clinton Global Initiative we launched a few years ago.”
The advisory board will meet regularly so that its members can respond quickly to the economic and political issues that affect their professional and geographic areas of expertise.
The members of the board are:
* As of the 1st of January 2016, Cécilia Attias joined Richard Attias & Associates as Vice President for Public Affairs. In this capacity, she will work with nations and governments to help them increase their global influence and create nation branding programs and initiatives. Born in France, after studying law at the University of Paris Panthéon-Assas, Cécilia Attias began her political career serving as a parliamentary assistant. Cécilia consistently served the people of France in many capacities: from 1989 to 2002 in Neuilly’s city hall and at the French National Assembly and from 2002 onwards, she served in different ministerial cabinets. In 2008, she established the “Cécilia Attias Foundation for Women” and in February 2016, she became a member of the Brazzaville Foundation’s advisory board, headed by HRH Prince Michael of Kent.
- Cécilia Attias, President and Founder of the Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women and Vice-President of Publics Affairs at RA&A (France). Cecilia Attias will be the committee’s General Secretary
- Bassem Awadallah, Jordan’s former Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, former Chief of the Royal Hashemite Court and former Director of the Office of King Abdullah II. Chief Executive Officer of Tomoh Advisory (Jordan)
- Selim Bora, President of the Summa Group (Turkey)
- Jean Charest, Associate at McCarthy Tétrault LLP. Former Prime Minister, Québec (2003-2012) (Canada).
- Michel Combes, Chief Operating Officer and Chairman of the Board of Numéricable-SFR (France)
- Helene Desmarais, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the Centre d’entreprises et d’innovation de Montréal (Canada)
- Jean-Louis Ekra, member of the Globeleq Board of Directors and former President of the African Export-Import Bank, Afreximbank, (Ivory Coast)
- Vicente Fox, President, United States of Mexico (2000-2006) and President of the Vicente Fox Center of Studies, Library and Museum (Mexico)
- John Kufuor, President, Republic of Ghana (2001-2009) and former President of the African Union. Founder and Board Chairman of the John A. Kufuor Foundation (Ghana)
- Deborah Lehr, Senior Fellow, Paulson Institute (United States)
- Baroness Ariane de Rothschild, President of the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation, Chair of the Executive Committee and Vice Chairwoman of the Edmond de Rothschild Group (France)
- Isabel dos Santos, Vice President of the Banco de Fomento Angola (Angola)
- Jean Todt, President of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (France)
- Hubert Védrine, former Minister of Foreign Affairs, France (1997-2002). President of the François-Mitterrand Institute and President of HV Conseil (France)
About Richard Attias & Associates
Richard Attias & Associates (RA&A) is a global communications consulting firm. It delivers strategic advice and innovative solutions to help clients enhance their image and reputation and achieve their economic and social goals. Best known for creating game-changing ‘live’ platforms and engaging high-profile corporate, political and civic leaders on its clients’ behalf, RA&A is one of the only consulting firms in the world with proven experience in branding nations. The firm has offices in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. It is a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), the world’s largest communications services group. Learn more about RA&A at http://richardattiasassociates.com/en/home.
Media Contacts:RA&AMedia@richardattiasassociates.com , +33 1 42 68 83 94Website: www. richardattiasassociates.com